Friday, July 25, 2008

Assignment #5

Site I like:

www.forever21.com
Forever21 is a clothing store site. They sell clothes, jewlery, and other fashion appearal.

context- it is a very functional and appealing sit to the customer.
content- it has good information about it's products.
community- it has a place to find a store in or around your area.
customization- it has a "shopping cart" where all your purchases are and it tells you your total.
commuication- it has a lot of contact information.
connection- it is a destination site because it doesn't have a lot of links to other sites.
commerce- you can make financial transactions.

Site I dislike:

www.msstate.edu
Mississippi States website is a site for alumie, undergrades, and potential students.

context- not very functional it's still appealing but somewhat confusing.
content- doesn't really tell you where to find anything you just have to click around till you find the right thing.
community- shows a lot of upcoming events on campus.
customization- you can't customize it.
communication- has contact information for the school but you have to search for other listings.
connection- not a destination site, it has links to a lot of other sites.
commerce- you can make financial transactions through other links.

6 comments:

Trent said...

I somewhat agree with you about msstate.edu being confusing. I really don't like this whole new OnCampus buisness.

MSU246 said...

I think the Oncampus part sucks but the actual website itself I think is pretty good.

Amanda Stephens said...

I agree with you on the Forever 21 website. It is really easy to access and I like how you can make transactions online.

Unknown said...

The new website that msstate.edu have is confusing now since they have rearranged things now since last Fall.

Loverboy said...

Actually, I think oncampus is fine, but it's just Blackboard that's crazy!! Sometimes, it has a security pop-up that interrupts everything you're doing & makes you start over:-(

Bruce said...

Oncampus really sucks. I totally agree. I think our school site should be a little more interactive.