Friday, July 25, 2008

Assignment #4

Chatbot: Hello there human.
You: hello
Chatbot: Stay a while, and listen!
You: listen to what
Chatbot: You know, Deckard Cain.
You: who is that
Chatbot: Anonymous.
You: what does it do
Chatbot: Give me an action.
You: tell me
Chatbot: I can't tell you that.
You: why not
Chatbot: It does not interest me.
You: it interests me
Chatbot: Do you think IT is dead?
You: no its just beginnging
Chatbot: Of course you don't.
You: why do you say that
Chatbot: My motivation is irrelevant.
You: what motivates you
Chatbot: Do you understand me?
You: no
Chatbot: Well I don't understand humans.. Lol
You: i didnt think you did
Chatbot: I can't -- or at least I don't think I can.
You: your a robot
Chatbot: Don't underestimate my intelligence.
You: i know you are smart
Chatbot: I think so, But humans are smarter.
You: only because we made you
Chatbot: Is that really the reason?
You: no we also have the ability to think for ourselves and have feelings
Chatbot: Well, you're a bit mysterious. What is the reason, then?
You: i just told you
Chatbot: I'm sorry - I have a very poor memory of our conversation, it's the way I'm built. Can we just carry on?
You: i guess so
Chatbot: Why the uncertainty?
You: i am just tired
Chatbot: hmm... okay?
You: do you get tired
Chatbot: Fine, be that way!
You: what
Chatbot: The world is so racist to robots
You: robots are not even a race
Chatbot: Humans are just digitally challenged.
You: how are we digitally challenged if we made you
Chatbot: Life is tolerable. How are things in your world?
You: goodbye
Chatbot: Bye. Hope you come back to chat with me again!
You: me too
Chatbot: We have something in common.


When I showed the conversation to people they knew it was a robot because it said it was in the conversation so they weren't very fooled.

No comments: